Sunday, March 23, 2008

i eat hills for a late afternoon snack.

I clocked 30 miles last week, so I started off this easter sunday a little easier.

I rolled my ankle trying to escape a car on Thursday, so I've been a little cautious not to aggravate that lately.

I ran this route for a cool 7.3 miles. The weather was NUTS here; I left and it was sunny... in the middle of my run it was near-blizzard conditions. kid you not, that shit was insane.

I smoked the hills on price blvd. It's a 0.83 mile stretch of 4 rolling hills -- i'd guess a 6-7% grade, probably closer to a mile of topographical mileage. One day I'll measure it in my car. Anyways, I smoked my former timing (~8min, ouch) with a flat 7:00. I dropped into the first downhill and "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey comes on, then "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla -- the first is great for inspiration, the second for cadence and "pushing".

Started to go down Wydown for a little jaunt, then realized pushing it was probably not the best idea. Forgot to reset my watch, but I hit the 1hr mark at the turnaround (including the world's longest red light... seriously).

Going to try to get in an AM run tomorrow -- getting up at 5:30am sucks but it works! I figure I hit the pavement for 6 miles plus warm-up/cooldown, home by 7:00am, on the road to work by 7:30am. Get to work at 8am, work 8-4pm, come home, nap, social engagement at 5:30, home and sleep by 10pm. mmm the life...


running in 35 degree weather... now that's a love/hate relationship.

No comments: